City of Northampton Residential Survey
Survey Information and Instructions
The City of Northampton has asked Design Nine to conduct a broadband survey to identify areas of need and to help bring better and more affordable broadband service to all homes and businesses. Your participation in this survey is extremely important, as it will help develop the business case to bring better Internet to Northampton. The results will help determine where the need is greatest. Your response is confidential.
Versión en Español
Para obtener la versión en español de esta encuesta, haga
Please provide your full street address with street or road number.
Please provide your full name (Optional)
1. Select the items you agree with below:
I need better landline telephone service
I need better landline telephone service - Yes
I need better landline telephone service - No
I need better cellular telephone services
I need better cellular telephone services - Yes
I need better cellular telephone services - No
I need better Internet/data service
I need better Internet/data service - Yes
I need better Internet/data service - No
I need better Internet for Covid-19 work from home
I need better Internet for Covid-19 work from home - Yes
I need better Internet for Covid-19 work from home - No
I need free WiFi while visiting downtown
I need free WiFi while visiting downtown - Yes
I need free WiFi while visiting downtown - No
I am satisfied with all my services
I am satisfied with all my services - Yes
I am satisfied with all my services - No
2-A. Adults in Household
2-B. K-12 Students in Household
2-C. College Students in Household
2-D. How many Internet users in the household?
3. How important is Internet access to you or your household?
Not that important
Not at all important
4. What service package do you have from your Internet service provider?
Internet, plus cable
Internet, plus cable, plus phone
5. How much do you pay now for at home Internet access each month?
I only use free hotspots
More than $200/month
I don't know
6. What type of Internet do you have at home?
I don't know
Other (Please Specify Below)
I don't know
If other (what type)?
7. Based on the type of Internet connection you selected above, why do you still have it? (select all that apply)
Too expensive to change
Not interested in changing
Best price available
No other options
Most reliable service available
Limited other options
Still in contract
8. How many devices (for example computers, cellphones, smart speaker, smart TVs) connect to the Internet in your household?
9. What is the speed of your Internet connection? You can check your speed for free at speedtest.net.
Dial-up or any service less than 1 Mbps download
Less than 10 Mbps download
Between 10 Mbps and 25 Mbps download
Between 25 Mbps and 100 Mbps download
Greater than 100 Mbps download
I don't know
You can check your speed for free at
10. Do you have data limits (caps) on your current Internet service?
11. If you have data caps, have you exceeded those caps?
I don't know
12. Check all items you use the Internet for now:
Access news and current events
Learn about Covid-19 pandemic issues and information
Homework / Schoolwork / Distance Learning
Work from home during Covid-19 pandemic
Download or listen to music or audio books online
VoIP Internet phone (Vonage, Skype, FaceTime, etc.)
Online Backup (files, photos, music)
Social media and social networking (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
Home security (e.g. video doorbells, security cameras, etc.)
Smart speakers (e.g. Alexa, Echo Dot, Google Assistant, Homepod)
TV and streaming video (e.g. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Disney+, etc.)
If other (use)
13. Access to high speed, affordable Internet influences where you choose to live?
14. Does anyone in your household use / need the Internet to complete school assignments, distance learning, or job training course work?
Yes, several times a week
Yes, at least once a week
Yes, at least once a month
15. Do you work from home?
I am self employed and work part time from home
I am self employed and work full time from home
I work part time at home for my employer
I work full time at home for my employer
I need nights and weekends access for my job
I never work from home
I would if I had better Internet at home
I am retired and do not work from home
16. Select the items you agree with below:
I have trouble loading pictures to my social media account(s)
I have trouble loading pictures to my social media account(s) - Yes
I have trouble loading pictures to my social media account(s) - No
I have trouble viewing online videos/lectures/movies/tv shows
I have trouble viewing online videos/lectures/movies/tv shows - Yes
I have trouble viewing online videos/lectures/movies/tv shows - No
I have trouble using the Internet when others are using it
I have trouble using the Internet when others are using it - Yes
I have trouble using the Internet when others are using it - No
I have trouble using FaceTime, Skype, or other video chats
I have trouble using FaceTime, Skype, or other video chats - Yes
I have trouble using FaceTime, Skype, or other video chats - No
I do not have trouble performing any of these activities
I do not have trouble performing any of these activities - Yes
I do not have trouble performing any of these activities - No
17. Who is your Internet service provider?
18. Overall, how satisfied are you with the Internet services received from your provider?
19. I am interested in high speed fiber cable delivered Internet service Internet service.
20. Should the city government facilitate better broadband services and more affordable services?
21. How Likely would you be to switch your internet service to a faster and more affordable City government developed broadband network?
22. For the following questions - What are your opinions on the following privacy and net neutrality concerns:
22 a) Do you agree with an internet provider limiting users access to certain internet content and/or promoting access to the provider’s preferred content?
22 b) Do you agree with an internet provider monitoring household internet usage?
22 c) Do you agree with an internet provider giving your households internet usage history to third parties?
22 d) Do you agree that an internet provider should be able to block your access to certain internet content?
23. For the following items, what are your opinions on the following Community network service offerings
23 a) How important is it for you to have a choice of competitive internet service providers for your household?
23 b) Should a community network provide telephone services?
23 c) How important is it that a community network discount internet services for households near or below the poverty line
Please answer the following demographic questions about you and your household
24. What is the yearly income of your household?
Less than $25,000 a year
$25,000 - $50,000 a year
$50,001 - $75,000 a year
$75,001 - $100,000 a year
More than $100,000 a year
25. What is the highest grade or level of school that you have completed?
8th grade or less
Some high school, but did not graduate
High school graduate or GED
Some college or a 2-year degree
4-year college graduate
More than 4-year college degree
26. What age range are you in?
0 to 18 years old
19 - 45 years old
46 - 65 years old
65+ years old
27. Do you make decisions on internet service for your household?
28. What is your racial or ethnic background?
Black or African American
American Indian and Alaska Native
Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander
Hispanic or Latino
White - Not Hispanic or Latino
29. Any other comments?